Monday, February 7, 2011

Our Baby

Our baby is actually turning 1 year old today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Words can't even begin to describe the millions of emotions we feel today. Knowing that one year ago we were ecstatic to be going to the hospital to meet our little girl. Who knew we would fall in love with her the second we met her and that this year long journey would be some of the greatest memories we would ever make.

Being Callie's parents has been the biggest blessing we could have ever been given. She daily challenges us to love more, have more patience and to trust on our Lord. She reminds me daily of child innocence and the purity they posses. God has definitely taught us more than we can process at times. We keep striving forward and learning as we go.

As a one year old, Callie is super sweet, quite independent and OH SO much fun. She loves to go non-stop, whether that is walking, exploring, trying to run or taking the time to "dance" to a cool beat. She does like books and toys. She loves outside. She also loves: rocks, trees and dogs. She says Da-da, Maaa-maaa, Hi and chee (tree). She loves to "give kisses" and wave goodbye. She no longer likes baby food and doesn't use her bottle. She loves all kinds of foods but she never really chunks up!! :) She is still her little petite self. I think it is because she is always burning off all her calories while she is on the go :)

Today we are, eating pancakes for breakfast (her fav), playing and probably opening presents. She will take a nap, wake up to eat lunch (not planned yet) maybe go play at the beach then take another nap. Wake up and eat pizza for dinner! After dinner a few friends are coming over for her first birthday party!!! The next post will be pictures from her party. Until then, we have made a slide show of Callie's first year. We will be playing this at her party. It is 8 mins long but it is just precious! Thanks for loving and caring for our sweet baby this year. Thanks for all your sweet comments as you too have been a part of her life this year.

Callie's 1st Birthday from prestonmex on Vimeo.

My sweet Callie, I can't believe one year ago today, God sent a piece of heaven down into my arms. Your face lights up mine every single morning. Even though life is so different with you I wouldn't trade in one day! You have filled a void I never knew I had. You are such an angel and I love you more today than yesterday and I am sure tomorrow I will love you even more than that. I am so thankful to be your momma!!! Happy Birthday my sweet sweet baby!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to sweet Callie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Callie!!! Thanks for all the smiles this year! We are truly blessed to have you in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, happy birthday sweet Callie! Cannot wait to become and grandma and trade stories with your grandmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Callie! I can't believe you are already one year old. We love you and can't wait to give you big birthday hugs!

    ReplyDelete