
Callie is SO lucky to have such an amazing Mimi. She has not, and will never, face a lack of love from her grandparents. I am pretty sure she lights up when she hears or sees her Mimi. I can't wait to see their friendship continue to grow and blossom. I just hope Callie doesn't steal my best friend away from me :) j/k. The three of us are quite the trio and I know we have some fun days a head of us.
Right now, I am SO far behind in "life". I usually have it "together" but right now I am trying to just stay above water. It could be due to the mass amounts of people we have had in our house and the over abundance of work we are faced with right now. None the less, it is NO excuse that my mom is NOT going to get her birthday card or her gift on her birthday :( I am holding the card in my hand here in P.V. The gift is shipped and should be to her house next week. Ooops...one of the most important people in my life and I screwed up her birthday. Last night I was thinking about this and why this happened and I started to think about everything I am behind in: cards, my scrapbook, craft ideas, sewing projects, house cleaning, laundry and on and on and on. I then stopped and thought about what the majority of my day goes to.....Callie. I started to think about her and all that I have been able to experience with her and the moments we have shared together. I can honestly say that I haven't missed a moment with her. It has been amazing to watch her grow and develop right before my very eyes. I then started to think about my mom and the amazing mother she was and still is. I thought to myself....she (my mom) would only want it this way. I am sure she would rather receive her birthday card and gift late knowing I am devoting my life to raising and loving my child. I then thought, well, I really should blame my life and my actions on my mom!! She was my example and model for what a mom should do :) She has always given us her all and she would still to this day, do ANYTHING for us. The thing I love about my mom is that she has always been a momma hen. She loves to protect her little chicks under her wing and there ain't nobody that can get to her chicks to hurt them. I love as our family grows, her wings spread out wider to add more chicks in aka. Preston and now Callie. Even though she is a momma hen, she still lets her chicks feel free to roam. As her babies are spread out all over the world she supports us 100% and comes to us when she can. She never makes us feel bad for being far away even though we all want to be closer to her. She is truly an amazing mother and I am beyond thankful for her.
Sorry my card is not mailed and my gift is late Mom. My prayer is that you will still feel loved by us 3 today. We can't describe how much you mean to us and we can't wait to see you in a few weeks and give you LOTS of big hugs!!!! Thanks for all your love and being such an amazing mother, Mimi and friend.Happy Birthday!!!! This 3 Loves You.
What a sweet post. Happy birthday to your sweet mom! Praying for you guys! Mothering, by definition, means behind on everything else - but the children are happy, healthy and LOVED most of all. Keep up the good "mothering" with Callie and just head outside when you can't stand to look at the dirty house! :)
ReplyDeleteMy sweetest daughter, I sure hope that you do not feel bad! I totally do understand what time it takes to be a GREAT MOTHER and you are definately that!!! I love to watch you tenderly care for Callie and it is obvious how much you love her and she you!! You know I mean it when I say my birthday is just another day! Just being able to talk to my children is sufficent for me. I do love your handmade cards and I will look forward to getting it and reading it when I get to P.V. soon. I know that you all love me and that is what matters the most. Thank you for so many kind words - I hope I can now live up to them :)!!! Love the new look of the blog.
ReplyDeleteLove ya 3,
MOM-MIMI