Sunday, July 25, 2010

Patas Saladas

Callie has been to the beach...
1. While in the womb :)
2. For a few family pictures

But a few weekends ago it was the "real" first time to the beach. I know she is a little young but she is a "patas saladas". If you are born in Vallarta you have the nickname Patas Saladas, which literately translates, Salty Feet....aka....Sandy Feet....born in a beach town...get it?!

Our little Patas Saladas somewhat enjoyed the beach. She was ok with the sand and not quite sure about the sound the waves make.






She preferred hanging out in the shade playing with her cups and taking a siesta!!


Don't worry, we took her back the very next weekend. This time she really enjoyed the sand


She was playing in the sand when she accidentally did a face plant!!! I took a quick picture and then rushed to the water. We then finally got it all off with a bottle of water. The sweet little girl never cried!!!
So I decided to change from sand back to water. This time she really enjoyed the ocean. Well, as much as a 5 month old can :) We would dip her in the water in between waves and she would kick her legs around. The sound didn't seem to bother her this time.




After all that.....another siesta in the shade!!!


The life of our beach bum Patas Saladas!!!

2 comments:

  1. Okay about all I can say to this is..... Like mother like daughter..... ummmm except for the face plant in the sand....mother would NEVER have done that....she might get messy:)! Also sorry I didn't check the blog yesterday.....Your dad kept me going all day.....he did a GREAT job making my birthday a special one....no need to worry - when he puts his mind to it he can do a good job with birthday's.
    Love ya 3,
    MOM-MIMI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I laughed out loud at the face plant picture. So cute!! What a great memory. She's getting so big! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete