Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Mimi and Popsie

My mom and dad came down for the birth of Addison. Now that I have been able to recover and get into the groove of life I have been able to make some time to upload pictures. Looking back I see that there would have been NO way we would have survived without their help!!!! They were beyond a blessing.

Mom was doing laundry, cooking, cleaning, checking on me, hanging out with me in my room while Callie napped. She single handed took care of and entertained Callie. Callie had a blast with her Mimi and she was able to get the attention she needed to make the adjustment of Mommy being absent and busy with a new baby.

Mimi and Popsie took Callie to the park and pool

played outside in the water, went on walks and played out front.
Mimi helped potty train some more :)
Here is Callie and Mimi in Mimi's bed. Cal is reading her Bible!

My Dad helped us build a booster chair and railings for Callie's big girl bed. He helped load and unload the dishwasher, grilled out a few times, and found us some new taco stands!!
Of course Preston went above and beyond to help out. He was working while my parents were here but also helping with anything and everything around the house. Cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, helping me get out of bed, taking care of all my needs, comforting me when I had break downs :) grocery shopping, changing diapers and much much more.

When you have to lay around and recover from surgery it is just the pits!!! It was hard to sit back and let everyone work their tails off. But it always confirms my deep passion and love for my husband and my family. I see how they would do anything for me and they will always be there for me. I am just thankful the recovery is over and I can begin on this new journey God has for me.

Tears come to my eyes when I think about how much my parents did for us in that first week. They will never know the deep feelings of gratitude I have in my heart. The same for Preston. Watching him take care of me, our daughters and our house has given me a love that will never be broken. He is beyond anything in the movies....he is my prince charming and the love of my life.


We did venture out one night for Starbucks and ice cream.


And we went out the last morning for breakfast in the Marina


I will cherish the moments I had with them. The (painful) laughs, they great fellowship, great conversations, hours of Band of Brothers :) and many more memories. Thanks again, Mom, Dad and Preston Adam. I love you 3!!!

1 comment:

  1. My dearest daughter,
    I am thankful that we got to come help your family adjust to a new member as well. You are a wonderful mother and wife!!!! God has blessed us with health,resources and the desire to help our children and grandchildren all that we can, so we will!!!! I loved the special times I had with Miss Callie and I am so happy that she can finally say MIMI!!!! I loved when you told me there was no way to repay me except to promise me that you would be there for your two daughters when they have babies!!! And I know you will!!!
    Love ya 4,
    MOM-MIMI

    ReplyDelete