Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Our Halloween

We had a great Halloween together as a family. It was Preston's day off so we were able to enjoy the entire day together. We did a lot of work around the house preparing for my BFF, Tammi and her son Cooper to arrive! They are going to arrive today!!!!!

Addison had a good first Halloween. Here she is all dressed up in the morning, ready to head to Costco.
Her bib says....My First Halloween


Then, she dressed up as a chicken. She was only in the costume for 30 minutes or so. She skyped with both grandmas and got her pictures taken. She was very ready to get out of her costume. She was NOT a fan of the feathers :)

*yes, all my evenings watching t.v and baseball were spent cutting, gluing and sewing these costumes. Everything was handmade on Addison's outfit.
chicken legs

what a sweet little chicken!!
Here is Callie in the morning all ready for Costco. She is sporting her black and white ghost shirt.

Our neighborhood had an organized time to trick or treat!!!! I was SOOOO excited to take Callie out. I had always worried that she would never get to expierence the fun of trick or treating. So, I was filled with joy when I learned our neighborhood would be doing it.

Callie went as Dora the Explorer. Again, I did make this costume, everything except the shirt and the shoes :)
Here she is with Daddy, who stayed back to pass out candy.

heading out, I was nervous to see how she would react.
she had a blast taking it all in. She walked really slow but you could tell she was excited.
this is SO Callie. She went to this house, got her candy and then a big crowd of kids came. She stood there for about 10 minutes, just taking it all in and watching from a distance!!
There were several times she wanted to stop and sit in the grass to look at her treats. I had to keep her going. So when we got home she was so ready to look at her treats.

check out my stash!!
we let her pick one treat to eat and she picked the biggest bag, which was a bag of chips. We laughed that she picked out the only thing that wasn't candy.
she ended up dumping the bag on the floor and ate them straight off the floor :) She had a BIG time doing that, since food is not even allowed in the living room!!
Before we left the house we kept telling Callie she was going to houses to ask for treats. The entire night she kept saying "Treats!" Here is a quick, low quality video of one time when Callie sat down in the grass and started looking through her treats. She keeps saying "treats" and "my treats"



Hope your Halloween was as great as ours was!!!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable!! I am glad that Callie had a great time!!! I love her in her rockin tennis shoes...I think they are cool looking on her.
    Love ya 4,
    MOM-MIMIx2

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super impressed at their costumes! So cute!! Enjoy your time with Tammi and Cooper!

    ReplyDelete