Sunday, March 13, 2011

Bubbles and Babies are the Bomb

Today is a guest post from my very own Mother, Terry M. aka Mimi


One Saturday afternoon before our trip to Puerto Vallarta Joe and I
decided to stop in Deals. While there we found a perfect "treasure"
for Miss Callie's birthday. Callie's birthday theme of course was ice cream cones, and we found an ice cream cone filled with bubbles.....I told you it was "perfect"!!!!! Of course when I gave Callie her gift,she loved it, not even really understanding the fun that the little ice cream cone had inside of it. She was quite content to carry it around and to chew on the new present. But, alas we did finally make it outside to blow some bubbles.

It didn't take Callie long to understand that the ice cream cone had something special inside. She didn't know what to think about the bubbles at first, a little apprehensive. It was a pretty windy day so the bubbles flew high and fast. She soon learned to run and chase them, then she learned to run at me (the main bubble blower) and let them hit her in the face.



There were a lot of giggles and a few loss of balance incidents on our bubble adventure. Several times she would just sit down some distance from me and just watch the bubbles float into the air as she would reach her hand up. Callie does not sit much, so more of her time was in chasing and trying to catch the bubbles on the run.


She and I played with the bubbles several days while I was there. I enjoyed those moments with her and I look forward to many more days of bubble blowing with my sweet and precious Cal Gal. Hopefully I can find a bubble container that matches every birthday theme her Momma picks.......just saying.....shopping with a purpose :) !!!!
Love,
MiMi - MOM



Thanks for doing this post for me Mom. You are the best and I treasure reading this through your eyes. Callie will love it someday :) We love you very much!!!

I can testify. Callie still to this day LOVES her ice cream cone bubbles. She will bring me over the bottle and say "tis tis tis". That translates, I want to blow bubbles!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for inviting me to be a guest writer on your blog.....that was fun!!! But of course anything to do with Callie is fun and easy. I am glad the two of you are still enjoying the bubbles. She is an unbelievable JOY!!!!
    Love ya 3,
    MOM-MiMi

    ReplyDelete