Wednesday, November 10, 2010

9 Months Old

Wow! Our little baby is now ALL over the place and pulling herself up to explore the world more than she already does. She is also really quick. I can't take my eyes off her for two seconds and she is in to something she shouldn't be. It has been crazy to see her standing by her toy box and picking out the next toy she wants to play with. It is really sinking in that my baby is quickly becoming a toddler. I am not quite ready to admit that, but I am getting there!

She finally weighs 17lbs and 3 oz. She is tons of fun and is learning something new everyday. I am pretty sure she is teething right now, which is bringing out a whole new side of her. I wish I could take the pain away for her but she needs those teeth to enjoy the finer foods of life!

Of course, we don't get our perfect still picture in just one try.
It is a team effort and the bears always get attacked!!



ornery little girl :)

I feel like I am still learning this whole "mother" thing. I have good days and it seems like lots of bad days. I have a hard time balancing everything at once. I would love to hear from some of you mothers about how to run a home with a baby on the move. I am seeing with each new phase it continues getting harder and harder. Any advice is very much welcome!
Also, I would love some advice on squawking during feeding time. She "yells/squawks" while waiting for the next bite. Any good tricks on teaching your child to wait patiently while eating?

As much work as this little girl is, I can't imagine my life without her!!!
She is A-mazing!!

2 comments:

  1. Court, You are a wonderful mommy!!! Callie is a sweet, happy baby!!! You will have bad days, thats okay. Each baby has their own personality and goes through stages. Callie is just trying to communicate and since she doesn't know words she makes noise and makes loud noise when she is unhappy. I know that you are concerned but just try always talking to her calmly and explain things to her, even if you think she doesn't understand you would be surprised how much she does. Again you are doing a great job and she is just a normal 9 month old....simply be thankful for that!!
    Love ya 3,
    MOM-MIMI

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been told to enjoy the time we can spend with babies, the house will still be there. I know you're doing a great job!
    As for the yelling between bites, Coop did that too. It was just a phase. I felt like he did it because eating with a spoon isn't instant gratification like nursing or a bottle is. So the faster you can feed the better it felt. She'll stop doing it. And then you'll go to the picking food up and dropping it off while looking right at you phase- that's a fun one! And then the nOOOO with nose scrunched and head shaking one too :)
    Always changing and always challenging. Be flexible and patient.
    Again I know you're doing a great job and you're a wonderful MOMMY!!

    Love yoU!

    ReplyDelete